Before attending Unity Spiritual Center Albuquerque for the first time people often have some questions.
To find out what Unity Spiritual Center Albuquerque is, click on "About Us" in the navigation bar at the top of this page.
- Where is USCABQ located? We are at 9800 Candelaria Road NE, Albuquerque, NM, 87112, on Candelaria, just east of Eubank NE. We are across Candelaria from the post office. Our office is across Carol Street from the double doors of the main building. Our office hours are Tuesday to Thurs 10AM - 4PM.
- What is USCABQ's phone number and email? Our office number is: 505-292-1998; email email@example.com .
- Where do I park? There is plenty of parking in the lot that is right next to our center and on the street. Just be sure not to block anyone's drive way.
- What about my kids? We have a Youth and Family Ministry. You can find out about what we offer for children from tiny through high school by clicking on "Ministries" and then on "Youth and Family (YFM)". Feel free to email Amanda, our director, at YFM@abqunity.org , for more information.
- What do I wear? Casual wear is fine.
- How can I get connected? The best way is to attend a Sunday Service (10:00 am, Mountain Time on Sunday). If you raise your hand when asked who is new here, an usher will bring you a welcome packet. Or, if you prefer, you could request a packet of an usher after the service. Rev. Gordon will likely say hello to you after our service if he knows you are new and of course, feel free to say hello to him first. You are invited to Fellowship Hall after the service for beverages and treats. We have a potluck the first Sunday of each month and you can enjoy the food and community if you come on that Sunday.
- I am new to the area; would this be a place where I can meet open-minded people? Yes. In addition to Sunday Service with Fellowship following, we regularly have classes and events. Two examples of regular family-friendly events are 2nd Saturday Community Coffeehouse and Unity Explorers (we get together and go on hikes or go to interesting places like the flight museum). Also we have groups and teams such as W.O.W. (Women of Wisdom), Albuquerque Interfaith, Earth Care, and a men's group (this will be starting up again in the future). Classes and workshops are diverse. From Sound Healing, Spiritual Foundations, Tai Chi, Artist's Path, to Unity classes for the curious or those seeking S.E.E. credit (Spiritual Education and Enrichment) there is something for almost everyone.
- What if I am in need of prayer? Some come to Unity Spiritual Center Albuquerque because they are looking for upliftment and possibly prayer. After each Sunday service we have prayer chaplains available at your request to affirmatively pray with you.
- Can you tell me about membership in USCABQ? Yes. Some people move to Albuquerque from other Unity centers and will enroll here right away as their new spiritual home. (Recommendation of previous Unity Minister required.) Others get acquainted through classes, attending service, recommendation by a friend, and in other ways, and then make the decision to be a voting member. A “Voting Member” is one who has a stake in the overall welfare and functioning of a Unity Center and considers Unity their Spiritual Home. That means that you regularly attend and may vote on matters as well as our Board of Trustees at our annual meeting. As a stake-holder in your community, you, as a Member are expected to serve the Community in whatever way you are able and are excited about. You are not required to become a member to attend our services, events and activities. Before becoming a member, you attend a pre-membership class that will give you the basics about Unity and Unity Spiritual Center Albuquerque. When you have decided you wish to be a member, you fill out a brief form. Once a member, you will be honored and blessed at one of our Sunday services. You will be asked to renew and update your membership occasionally. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.